Monday, December 29, 2008

Mission Accomplished

On this the 29th day of December, 2008, I am here to report that last night I watched my 100th film in the theater and have no accomplished the goal I set out to complete way back in 2005. I never again will have to force myself to watch a movie just to get the numbers. I don't need to worry about seeing 9 films a month or if I fail in one month have to worry about seeing 12 films in a month. The final four which I have yet to write reviews for because I've been extraordinarily lazy this past week or so are

Slumdog Millionaire - a charming and competent but not great film, the music was a lot of fun

Milk - Acting superb, Milk's homelife kind of boring. One of those important stories that I think needs to be told that somehow manages to be a very underwhelming film

Curious Case of Benjamin Button - honestly, I still am not entirely sure about this one. I liked it, just not sure how much or why.

Valkyrie - Well some times you end on a high note, sometimes you watch a Tom Cruise suck fest.

And finally some truly meaningless statistics:

Films Remaining: 0
Days Remaining: 3
Average Number of Films per Day to achieve goal: 0
Average Number of Films per Week to Achieve Goal: 0

1 comment:

Nick Prigge said...

While I dislike the thought of a grinning, strutting Tom Cruise telling everyone he sees how it was his film that allowed Rory Cline to reach the century mark I still must offer my utmost congratulations. You earned it.