Sunday, July 09, 2006

Superman Redux

For about a week after watching Superman Returns I kept fixating on the movie. I felt what I have said about the film was right but still it kept coming into my head. So I went back and rewatched it. This time I focused on the details. Some of the background decoration or the way Supes' cape always moves. I also looked more closely at the decisions the actors made for each of the scenes. I looked for the criticisms I had read in other reviews as well. I liked the movie a lot more on the second viewing. My expectations that were so high going into the film were no longer slanting my perceptions. I still don't agree with many of the criticisms and I fully acknowledge that it is not the best film or the year or the best superhero film ever. But it is enjoyable and worth seeing.

No comments: