Monday, April 16, 2007

I put two and two together and decided you're pissing me off

Back in the days when I had free access to cable (either my parents' or one of my friends') I could watch Adult Swim on tv. One of the odd ball comedies was Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Roughly twelve minutes of comedic insanity that would have dialogue that would just resonate in me and have me repeating it over and over again even though it wasn't all that funny out of context. "Yeah, it is a good morning, it's three in the morning!" That still makes me laugh.

So when I heard that Aqua Teen Hunger Force was going to be a movie, I...well to be honest I thought it sounded like a pretty bad idea. How can a show that is funny in bits of 10 going to sustain itself over 80 minutes? Well sadly this is a question that will remain unanswered because this movie could in fact not hold up for that long. Sure the movie is crammed full of many of the favorites of the show, the Moonanites, the Plutonians, Carl but it just isn't that funny. I would have been better served by just watching a marathon of episodes.

No comments: