Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Running Tally - Part 9

I know you fervent readers have been wondering where the tally for September was. Or you know the exact opposite of that. Well another month down and I saw a sufficient amount of movies to not feel worried about the goal. And the best part about it all was that most of the films I saw were free. Of course I've lacked any real inspiration as far as writing some reviews up but hopefully that changes soon for my own sake. So I added seven more to the tally this month. The end is in sight.

Redacted - It tries hard to be cutting edge and largely fails.

Angelus - Wonderfully shot and picturesque and quite amusing tale.

Clando - A convoluted mess of a film.

Edge of Heaven - well conceived and well acted film about Turkish men and women.

Wojaczek - Well done biopic.

Transsiberian - a mess of a thriller which didn't even make good use of its one compelling aspect (it takes place on a train in Siberia with no where to go)

Standard Operating Procedure (review forthcoming) - Wonderful documentary (this has been quite the year for me seeing documentaries).

I'm tempted to declare this the year of documentaries for me. Granted not all the documentaries I saw were releases of this year but still what I've seen in documentaries has been quite brilliant.

And now what you've all come to see, meaningless statistics.

Films Remaining: 21
Days Remaining (As of October 1): 92
Average Number of Films per Day to achieve goal: 0.23
Average Number of Films per Week to Achieve Goal: 1.50

No comments: