Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nannies, teen comedies and buddy cop movies

I'm always disappointed when I see a movie and it doesn't inspire me to write something. Bad movies make me want to rant, good movies make me want to rant. Movies such as The Nanny Diaries, Superbad and Rush Hour 3 inspired nothing. Superbad had its moments but wasn't terribly funny. Rush Hour 3 was well bad, but I accepted that going in and only saw it out of some bizarre completionist notion. If you are wondering why I saw Nanny Diaries well all I can say is I once set a goal to see every Scarlett Johansson film. May I suggest never setting such a goal as she just isn't that impressive of an actress. Here's hoping the next film I see inspires me.

2 comments:

Wretched Genius said...

Superbad was awesome and you are just plain wrong to claim otherwise.

Rory Larry said...

It felt like it was written by a couple of fourteen year olds...oh wait, it was. I laughed on occasion but more often I was just tapping my foot with impatience as the recycled plot coasted into the finish line. Everyone else is convinced that the Seth Rogan/Judd Apatow partnership is brilliant but I'm tired of it. Of course it makes lots of money so both will continue to get lots of work. Like I said it was okay, not awesome.