Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Running Total - Part 3

March continued to be a problematic month for movies as I was mostly unable or unwilling to see the dreadful releases for the month. Still a few gems showed up here and there. I got the opportunity to rewatch the first film I saw in 2008 and in addition to not having to walk in Chicago's freezing January 1 weather after it was over, I concluded that it was still one of the great movies of last year. Plus I got to see two classics of cinema (arguably) thanks to local indie theater, the Carolina.

March 02 - Penelope: Should have been charming and sweet little romantic comedy with a wholesome message. Should have been. Wholesome message? Accept yourself for who you are and someone or something will magical whisk away any imperfections making you perfect.

March 04 - The Other Boleyn Girl: Soap Opera meets history? Had so much potential but played it way too safe.

March 08 - Highlander: Queen, Christopher Lambert and Clancy Brown are a combination that is exactly as good as it sounds.

March 08 - 10,000 BC: As Emerrich makes films I suspect he is getting crazier. Exhibit A is this disaster of a film.

March 11 - Princess Bride: Yeah, one of Rob Reiner's best.

March 14 - The Bank Job: Very enjoyable heist largely thanks to Jason Statham who finally makes a film not directed by Guy Ritchie where he isn't half bad.

March 14 - Doomsday: Surprisingly good popcorn fluff which may also be a satire of action films in general.

March 22 - 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days: Holy crap, heavy film, excellent but not for the light of heart.

And what you all came to see...er read...er I guess see...the meaningless statistics:

Films Remaining: 73
Days Remaining: 275
Average Number of films per day to achieve goal: 0.27
Average Number of films to see per week to achieve goal: 1.8

4 comments:

rorylarry_critic said...

God, that many more... I'll probably have to steal that garbage dump, POS car of yours and rig something up with a brick and a tree branch so I can drive it over my soon-to-be lifeless body a few times and maybe reasease myself from this darkness visible.

rorylarry_critic said...

PS You suck.

rorylarry_critic said...

The Bank Job? More like the I wanna blow Jason Statham job. You're so gay.

rorylarry_critic said...

PPS You still suck.