Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Running Tally - Part 5

I've been out of the cinema loop for several weeks so I didn't get a chance to post a tally of things so far for the month of May. Summer has definitely begun and my film viewings reflect that. I saw seven films in 25 days and only one of them was sans action as a prominent feature. A short recap

Iron Man - Not a great movie but definitely an enjoyable one. Robert Downy, Jr. carries the film and a nice villain performance by Jeff Bridges.

Terminator - Thank you 90th year of United Artists. Yes while indie cinemas around the country were showing more "classic" fair, my local indie theater gave me James Cameron's excellent Robocalypse movie.

Redbelt - David Mamet really likes to explore some crazy topics and this one is no exception. Still although the plot lost me a bit the performances were decent.

Red Dawn - When it comes to films that are not very good but are so lodged into my childhood subconscious it doesn't get any better than Red Dawn. Again thank UA and my local indie theater for bringing back that has such nostalgia for me. Wolverines!

Some Like It Hot - They really knew how to make a comedy back in the day.

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - Better made than the first Narnia film but somehow I cared even less (and there wasn't much care for the first one).

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Number four in the series reminds me yet again that they should have stopped after number one since it was a brilliant action movie.

And meaningless statistics are flying your way right now!

Films remaining: 58
Days Remaining (as of June 1): 214
Average Number of Films per Day to achieve goal:0.27
Average Number of Films per Week to Achieve Goal: 1.87

No comments: