Monday, June 30, 2008

Running Tally - Part 6

Well despite being out of cinema viewing range for the first 15 days of June, I managed to scrap just enough movies to not damage my chances of completing the 100 movie plan. Summer was in full swing and despite playing a little blockbuster catch up I still just barely eked out 8 films. The saddest thing about the movie year so far is that I thought about doing a best so far post and realized everything I've enjoyed so far this year is technically a 2007 release.

Incredible Hulk - less heady than Ang Lee's version but ultimately more mediocre as well despite all the fan boy moments you could ever ask for.

The Happening - It would be hard to make a film worse than "Lady in the Water" but I think he was trying. Thankfully it doesn't get that bad just your general run of the mill bad.

The Duchess of Langeais - to quote Jay Sherman "I like French films, pretensious foreign french films" oh wait, no, I don't. Agonizingly pretentious.

Get Smart - Had its moments, nothing really ha ha funny. Not as bad as it could have been.

Sex and the City - Exactly as bad as it could have been.

Wanted - More coherent than Night Watch but to Night Watch's credit, it was in Russian.

Mongol - Enjoyable and decently done historical epic of Genghis Khan, had its problems but nothing that took away from it being enjoyable. (Full review forthcoming)

Wall-E - Charming tale (I personally didn't find it all that funny) but pleasant viewing (Full review forthcoming)

And what you are all really waiting for, meaningless statistics.

Films remaining: 50
Days Remaining (as of July 1): 184
Average Number of Films per Day to achieve goal:0.27
Average Number of Films per Week to Achieve Goal: 1.85

No comments: