Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fast And The Furious 3?

Oh that is right, there was not one but two sequels to a mediocre action vehicle for one Vin Diesel. Of course Vin didn't show up for the sequels, a wise move on his part. Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift is simply put ludicrous. In the opening one sees the hero racing a rich kid played by Zachary Bryan (of Home Improvement fame, he's lost the Ty I guess) and causing lots of damage. So the hero's mom sends him to his dad, who conveniently lives in Japan. I'm not kidding, that is the setup of the movie.

There is little else to concern yourself with other than the hero gets involved in racing again called 'drifting', apparently a real style but no doubt made more impressive by special effects. This movie was so unintentionally funny that I was laughing most of the movie. Then having glimpsed a trailer for the film a few days before I could have sworn I saw Vin Diesel in the film. And with seconds to spare who should make a cameo? I'll admit I cheered loudly and to the annoyance of those around me. It was so ridiculously absurd at that point I couldn't help myself.

No comments: