Thursday, June 22, 2006

Now I have a headache

There are comedies in the world that make one laugh in genuine humor. There are comedies that make you chuckle but not laugh. There are unintentional comedies that are other genre movies that are so bad they make you laugh. Then there are movies so painfully unfunny that no only do you not laugh but they in addition cause you physical pain. Nacho Libre falls into that last category. I had actually developed a headache by film end. I cannot stress how unfunny Jack Black truly is. I should have been tipped off that this film would be trailer (both its own trailer and the trailers attached to the film itself) and the fact that the producers were Nickelodeon. The film was directed by Jared Hess who had recent success with Napolean Dynamite (2004) a film I haven't seen and now have no interest in seeing.

No comments: